Archdiocese of Washington
Pope Benedict XVI Visits Washington, DC, April 15-18, 2008
Archdiocese of Washington
Child Protection Policy (pdf format)
- Links to parishes and organizations of the archdiocese, comprised of the District of Columbia and St. Mary's, Charles, Calvert, Prince George's, and Montgomery Counties. (http://www.adw.org)
Calendar of Events
- Expanded and updated Child Protection Policy, effective June 1, 2003.
- Select an event category and timeframe.
Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Search database for resources by selecting a category and/or resource type.
- Catholic Resources
- Full text of essential and fundamental Catholic doctrine, with search capability.
Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- Information on the entire cycle of Catholic interests, action, and doctrine.
- Classic Christian books in electronic format.
- A Website designed to help those mourning the loss of a loved one through prayer in six stages. There is a different prayer every day.
St. Pachomius Global Index
- Pray with the help of on-screen guidance and scripture chosen specially every day.
- Orthodox patristic texts, liturgical documents, and saints' lives of all eras available without charge on the Net.
- DC Area Sites
Loyola Retreat House
- Dedicated to the custody and care of the Holy Land and other Shrines, including replicas of the Holy Shrines in Jordan, Israel, Egypt, and Syria.
National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
- Jesuit Retreat House on the Potomac River that provides directed, private, and group retreats for both men and women.
Pope John Paul II Cultural Center,
- Virtual tour of the numerous chapels and displays of largest Catholic Church in the Americas.
- Information on exhibits and galleries where visitors directly interact with the Center to look at questions of faith.
Catholic University of America
- Spring Hill College, Mobile, Alabama, includes over 8,000 links.
Education + Parish + Service (EPS)
- The national university of the Catholic Church has programs emphasizing the liberal arts, professional education and personal development.
Immaculata Regional H.S.
- Educating lay Catholics for participation in the Church's life and mission through academic and spiritual programs.
National Catholic Educational Association
- Resources for Catholic Educators include clip art, lesson plans, magazines, prayers, Saint of the Day.
- Provides leadership and service to American Catholic educators.
- Comprehensive university offering a broad range of educational programs.
- Entertainment and Travel
- Find locations of Masses by city or zip/phone and many other Catholic Web Links.
- Movies evaluated by the U.S. Catholic Conference's Office for Film and Broadcasting, the Motion Picture Association of America rating, and a brief synopsis of the movie.
Catholic Media Directory
- Program reviews by the Parents Television Council.
- Created as an aid to diocesan and church communications.
Catholic World News Headlines
- Weekly newspaper serving the one-half million Catholics of the Archdiocese of Washington, DC, since 1951.
- To find out how to get a copy of a great photo from the Catholic Standard, click Dot Photo(in pdf format)
EWTN Global Catholic Network
- Live Catholic headlines from the last 7 days.
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Eternal Word Television Network includes religious catalog, Mother Angelica Update, Q&As, news, TV, radio, and live shows.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
Implementation of the Charter for Protection of Children and Young People
- Information on activities and issues that concern the Catholic Church in the United States.
- Executive Summary, Compliance Audits, Analysis of the Findings, Recommendations, and Summary Reports of Dioceses and Eparchies, January 6, 2004.
- Daily readings for mass.
Vatican Information Service
- Information about the Magisterium and the pastoral activities of the Holy Father and the Roman Curia.
- Sign up to receive, at no cost, a daily email update with news briefs from the Vatican, including the Holy Father's talks, highlights of conferences, documents and events, and announcements, such as the appointment of bishops.